HOW TO GROW AND CARE OF ALOE VERA
|Common Name||True Aloe, Burn Aloe|
|Botanical name||Aloe vera|
|Basic Colour||Orange, Green|
|Height||0.5 to 1.5 m|
|Habitat||Rock gardens, coastal areas|
|Altitude||200- 2200 m|
|Plant Type||Indoor, outdoor, ornamental and medicinal plant|
|different tolerances||Tell us|
|Plant Uses||Ornamental, Medicinal|
|Active substances||Tell us|
|Sun Exposure||Sun, Part-shade|
|Soil Moisture||Dry, Moist|
|Soil Type||Sandy, Silty, Rocky|
|Propagation||by seeds, by sowing, by Division, Self sows|
|Pests/ Diseases||Tell us|
Why grow Aloe vera?
Aloe vera benefits for weight loss, Aloe vera for skin whitening, Aloe vera for burns scars and lot of medicinal effects have been confirmed by several users.
How to propagate aloe vera ?
Cuttings or division?
How to care of Aloe vera?
- Aloe vera is a very resistant plant, particularly with the heat, it will be as well outside in the summer as inside your house the winter.
- If you are growing Aloe vera indoors, install it near a window that allows light to pass while avoiding the sun’s rays. Too much direct sunlight can cause the plant to dry out.
- Choose a little bit larger pot since plant can grow quite big. Choose a pot in clay or terracotta, pierced at the bottom.
- Use well-drained soil (you can use special potting compost or make a homemade mixture of soil, sand and gravel).
- In spring and summer, aloe vera should be watered about once a week, when the soil is dry on the surface.
- Reduce watering during the fall and winter. Use water at ambient temperature.
- Every 2 to 3 years, repot your Aloe vera in the spring, after flowering in a pot of a larger diameter.
- If the leaves of your aloe vera become thin and curled the plant needs more water. If you notice that the leaves are turning brown it probably gets to much direct sunlight. If that is the case you should move the plant. If the leaves are lying flat instead of growing upward your aloe vera probably has insufficient light. When it grows very slowly it could mean that the plant has too much fertilizer or needs a bigger pot.